Artspire Public Art Project Returns!
In celebration and recognition of La Crosse’s creative community, Pump House Regional Arts Center and the City of La Crosse Arts Board present the Artspire Public Art Project. The Artspire Public Art Project creates a unique opportunity for La Crosse to publicly showcase our area’s talented artists, and enliven our public places with enriching and inspiring content. This project seeks to engage the various interests of our diverse community and prompt vital interactions and connections through art.
The Artspire Public Art Project proposes that public art cultivates the public’s awareness and appreciation for the arts and establishes a sense of place for the creative people who drive our thriving community.
The Artspire Public Art Project is coordinated in conjunction with Artspire La Crosse, the largest annual arts festival in downtown La Crosse, produced by the Pump House Regional Arts Center.
Call to Artists
- The jury is looking for wall pieces that are inspired by La Crosse- the area, culture, topography, etc.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for a $25 fee. No artist will submit more than 3 pieces. Artspire Art Fair & Sale exhibitors are invited to submit one piece for free.
- $200 cash prizes are awarded to each winning artist.
- The City Arts Board will provide security hangers for selected work.
- Submitted work will be no larger than 36″ tall and 48″ wide, no smaller than 18″ tall and 12″ wide, and no heavier than 40 lbs.
- Pieces must be ready to hang and already framed, if necessary.
- Pieces may be for sale. A label will be displayed next to work with artist information, and price.
- Artwork will hang from June 2016 to June 1, 2017 and may not come down early. Work sold during the duration will not be available for pick up until June 1, 2017.
- Artist must sign an agreement for liability.
- The online application can be below.
- Deadline is May 1, 2016