Call to Artists: Artspire Public Art Project
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
The Artspire Public Art Project strives to bring the art of our regional artists into our public places, beginning with La Crosse City Hall. Artists are invited to submit up to three pieces of 2D work to be juried by team of artists and arts enthusiasts. Past juries have included Mayor Tim Kabat. The winning works will be unveiled and displayed at La Crosse City Hall in conjunction with Artspire, Saturday, June 10. The work will remain on display until June 2017, and will also be for sale. Winning artists will not only have their work displayed in a highly visible, public area, but each winner will receive a $200 award, and a ribbon for their work.
- The jury is looking for wall pieces that are inspired by La Crosse- the area, culture, topography, etc.
- Jury fee is $25 and can be paid online.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted. No artist will submit more than 3 pieces. (Artspire Art Fair & Sale applicants may submit one piece for free.)
- The City Arts Board will provide security hangers for selected work.
- Submitted work will be no larger than 36″ tall and 48″ wide, no smaller than 18″ tall and 12″ wide, and no heavier than 40 lbs.
- Pieces must be ready to hang and already framed, if necessary.
- Pieces may be for sale. A label will be displayed next to the work with artist information, and price.
- Artwork will hang from June 2016 to June 2017 and may not come down early. Work sold during the duration will not be available for pick up until June 2017.
- Artist must sign an agreement for liability.
- Each winning artist will receive a $200 cash prize.
- Application Deadline is May 1, 2017
Artspire La Crosse
June 9 – 10, 2017
Artspire Mission: The mission of Artspire La Crosse is to attract, engage and connect people through celebration of the region’s diverse arts and culture, while promoting the La Crosse area as an arts destination.
About Artspire: Artspire La Crosse is a celebration of La Crosse’s rich history and growing reputation as a creative community, attracting and engaging diverse audiences and artists. The event will be held around the Pump House Regional Arts Center area and throughout downtown and is expected to draw over 10,000 participants, volunteers and attendees. Admission is free. Friday, June 9, will begin at 5:00 pm with a street dance and celebration, and ending with a headliner performance, 8:00 – 10:00 pm. Saturday, June 10, Artspire will have performances, artist booths, and food vendors from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, as well as activities throughout participating downtown La Crosse. Artspire Happy Hour will be held throughout participating downtown businesses, Saturday, June 10, 5:00-7:00 pm, followed by the Artspire Finale, 7:00-10:00 pm on the Artspire Brickl Brothers Stage.
Artspire 2017 is the fourth annual event which serves as a celebration for all aspects of the Arts, engaging all segments of our community.