In celebration and recognition of La Crosse’s creative community, Pump House Regional Arts Center and the City of La Crosse Arts Board present the Artspire Public Art Project. The Artspire Public Art Project creates a unique opportunity for La Crosse to publicly showcase our area’s talented artists, and enliven our public places with enriching and inspire content. This project seeks to engage the various interests of our diverse community and prompt vital interactions and connections through art.
The Artspire Public Art Project proposes that public art cultivates the public’s awareness and appreciation for the arts and establishes a sense of place for the creative people who drive our thriving community.
Work selected by our jury will be unveiled during Artspire, held every second weekend in June. Selected works will then be displayed at La Crosse City Hall beginning during Artspire, the second weekend in June, and remaining on display for one year. Winning artists will not only have their work displayed in a highly visible, public area, but each winner will receive a $200 award, and a ribbon for their work. Jury fee is $25 and can be paid online.
- The jury is looking for wall pieces that are inspired by La Crosse- the area, culture, topography, etc.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for a $25 fee. No artist will submit more than 3 pieces. (Artists participating in the Artspire Art Fair & Sale may submit up to one piece for free.)
- The City Arts Board will provide security hangers for selected work.
- Submitted work will be no larger than 36″ tall and 48″ wide, no smaller than 18″ tall and 12″ wide, and no heavier than 40 lbs.
- Pieces must be ready to hang and already framed, if necessary.
- Pieces may be for sale. A label will be displayed next to work with artist information, and price.
- Artwork will display for one year and may not come down early. Work sold during the duration will not be available for pick up until June 1 the following year.
- Artist must sign an agreement for liability.
- Deadline is May 1
The Artspire Public Art Project is coordinated in conjunction with Artspire La Crosse, the largest annual arts celebration in downtown La Crosse, produced by the Pump House Regional Arts Center every second weekend in June. The fifth annual Artspire is Friday & Saturday, June 8 & 9, 2018.