Our Response to Covid-19
The arts are especially vital as we face the uncertain times of today. In these days of physical distancing, the arts still connect us.
With your health and safety of our utmost concern, we are working to develop and deliver new arts experiences in safe, innovative, and accessible ways. To this end you can find our newest digital offerings online and our galleries are open with the below listed safety procedures in place.
Schedule or Serendipity
The Pump House Regional Arts Center is open by appointment or serendipity. Our regular hours have been adjusted during the pandemic. We are currently open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. (You might also find us open on an evening or weekend.) There is no charge to visit. Call us to schedule a visit and you will make our day! We love that you want to experience artwork by some of our region’s finest artists. Reach us at 608.785.1434 or request an appointment by email to email@example.com. You will be asked to provide your name, phone number and the names of anyone accompanying you in the event contact tracing is necessary.
We are also open by serendipity. You are welcome to stop in without an appointment and we will facilitate your visit immediately as long as there is availability, or there may be a wait time if we have other visitors.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending a performance, class, tour or private event at the Pump House Regional Arts Center, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Pump House Regional Arts Center, the artists, the producers, or any of their affiliates, volunteers, employees, or contractors liable for any illness or injury.
Health and safety requirements and precautions
- Do not visit if you are ill.
- Face coverings are required in the building at all times.
- Up to 5 people may be scheduled per appointment.
- Gallery visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- You are welcome to schedule repeat visits that are not consecutive.
- Special cleaning protocols are in place, including disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and monitoring air quality.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6’ between people not of the same household.
What to expect
- Entrance Information Station: Located just inside the foyer, here you will find guideline information posted, artist names and exhibit titles, hand sanitizer, and face masks (required beyond this point).
- Gallery Audio Tours are available for select exhibitions. Directions to access the audio tours are posted at the gallery entrance. Using your own device, listen to the artist describe their work and background. It’s fun, educational, and you’ll feel connected as you are guided through each exhibit by the creating artist.
- Wear your face covering properly. Nose and mouth must be covered. This is regardless of your vaccination status.
- For your safety and ours, we have implemented new cleaning and disinfecting procedures, especially in highly trafficked areas.
- Support an artist: We are happy to help you with the purchase of your favorite piece of original artwork. As a gift for yourself or for another, original art brings a special joy.
- Support your Arts Center: You donation in any amount is greatly appreciated.
- Enjoy your visit and come back again!
A note to our patrons
Community has always been a focus of the Pump House. Over 140 years ago, the City of La Crosse planned a water pumping station that was destined to serve this community in an almost unimaginable range of ways. From housing coal powered pumps in 1880 to the Regional Arts Center in the hub of the City’s Arts District today, the building’s use has drastically changed but the mission behind the building remains one of community service. This mission has garnered the dedication of civic leaders, volunteers, artists, performers and many others. A community vision and tireless work have continued to inspire, create and bring joy into people’s lives.
You and donors like you make it possible for us to continue this work. Thank you. You are simply amazing.
PUMP HOUSE REGIONAL ARTS CENTER
119 King Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Staff may be working remotely. Leave a message with contact information and we will get back to you.