Our Response to COVID-19: The arts are especially vital as we face the uncertain times of today. In these days of physical distancing, the arts still connect us.
The Pump House Regional Arts Center is open and our galleries continue to be free to the public, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Tuesdays until 7 pm, and Saturdays 12-4 pm or by serendipity.
CDC recommends: Masks now strongly recommended when in indoor public spaces or indoor gatherings.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending a performance, class, tour or private event at the Pump House Regional Arts Center, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Pump House Regional Arts Center, the artists, the producers, or any of their affiliates, volunteers, employees, or contractors liable for any illness or injury.
Health and safety requirements and precautions
- Do not visit if you are ill or experiencing COVID symptoms included but not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- We ask all customers, artists, staff and/or volunteers who develop symptoms of COVID-19, or know they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, to remain at home.
- Face coverings are required in the building for non-vaccinated individuals.
- Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated individuals.
- Special cleaning protocols are in place, including disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and monitoring air quality.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6’ between people not of the same household.
What to expect
- Wear your face covering properly. Nose and mouth must be covered.
- For your safety and ours, we have implemented new cleaning and disinfecting procedures, especially in highly trafficked areas.
- Support an artist: We are happy to help you with the purchase of your favorite piece of original artwork. As a gift for yourself or for another, original art brings a special joy.
- Support your Arts Center: You donation in any amount is greatly appreciated.
- Enjoy your visit and come back again!
A note to our patrons
Community has always been a focus of the Pump House. Over 140 years ago, the City of La Crosse planned a water pumping station that was destined to serve this community in an almost unimaginable range of ways. From housing coal powered pumps in 1880 to the Regional Arts Center in the hub of the City’s Arts District today, the building’s use has drastically changed but the mission behind the building remains one of community service. This mission has garnered the dedication of civic leaders, volunteers, artists, performers and many others. A community vision and tireless work have continued to inspire, create and bring joy into people’s lives.
You and donors like you make it possible for us to continue this work. Thank you. You are simply amazing.
PUMP HOUSE REGIONAL ARTS CENTER
119 King Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday until 7 pm
Saturday 12-4 pm