Our Response to Covid-19
The arts are especially vital as we face the uncertain times of today. Even in these days of physical distancing, the arts connect us.
With your health and safety of our utmost concern, we are working to develop and deliver new arts experiences in safe, innovative, and accessible ways. To this end you can find our newest digital offerings online and our galleries are open with the below listed safety procedures in place.
Schedule your visit
The Pump House Regional Arts Center is open by appointment. There is no charge to visit. Call us to schedule and you will make our day! We love that you want to experience artwork by some of our region’s finest artists. Reach us at 608.785.1434 or request an appointment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide your name, phone number and the names of anyone accompanying you.
Please note availability is subject to the status reported by the Coulee COVID-19 Compass for La Crosse County. The Pump House will temporarily suspend appointments if the Compass is in the severe/red status. The Compass is updated weekly on Wednesdays by La Crosse County Health Department.
Health and safety requirements and precautions
- Do not visit if you are ill.
- Face coverings are required in the building at all times.
- Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 12-4 pm.
- Up to 5 people may be scheduled per appointment. Admittance is not allowed without an appointment.
- Preceding your visit, 25 minutes is allotted for special cleaning. Five minutes is allotted for your arrival. Visits are limited to 30 minutes. This procedure will be repeated following your visit, with 25 minutes again reserved for cleaning and five minutes allowed for the arrival of the next visitors. This means you will not encounter another group during your arrival, visit, or departure.
- You are welcome to schedule repeat visits that are not consecutive.
- Enter through the front door on King Street. This door will be disinfected and unlocked 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6’ between people not of the same household.
What to expect
- Entrance Information Station: Located just inside the foyer, here you will find guideline information posted, artist names and exhibit titles, hand sanitizer, and face masks (required beyond this point) for purchase.
- Gallery Audio Tours are now available for current exhibitions. Directions to access the audio tours are posted at the gallery entrance. Using your own device, listen to each artist describe their work and background. It’s fun, educational, and you’ll feel connected as you are guided through each exhibit by the creating artist. Note these audio tours are short! We kept in mind you have three galleries to see and only 30 minutes to visit.
- Bring your face covering or get one at the door for $2. Cash only. Drop your money in the basket and pick up a mask. We thank you for your donation of any amount over.
- For your safety and ours, we have implemented new cleaning and disinfecting procedures, especially in highly trafficked areas.
- Support an artist: We are happy to help you with the purchase of your favorite piece of original artwork. As a gift for yourself or for another, original art brings a special joy. The Pump House is waiving all commission fees at this time. 100% of the purchase price goes to the artist.
- Support your Arts Center: You donation in any amount is greatly appreciated.
- Enjoy your visit and come back again!
A note to our patrons
Community has always been a focus of the Pump House. Over 140 years ago, the City of La Crosse planned a water pumping station that was destined to serve this community in an almost unimaginable range of ways. From housing coal powered pumps in 1880 to the Regional Arts Center in the hub of the City’s Arts District today, the building’s use has drastically changed but the mission behind the building remains one of community service. This mission has garnered the dedication of civic leaders, volunteers, artists, performers and many others. A community vision and tireless work have continued to inspire, create and bring joy into people’s lives.
You and donors like you make it possible for us to continue this work. Thank you. You are simply amazing.
PUMP HOUSE REGIONAL ARTS CENTER
119 King Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Staff may be working remotely. Leave a message with contact information and we will get back to you.