Calls to Artists
Our Annual Call to Artists accepts applications from September 1 – January 31 each year.
Inspired by La Crosse
In celebration and recognition of La Crosse’s creative community, Pump House Regional Arts Center presents the Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition. The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition creates a unique opportunity for La Crosse to publicly showcase our area’s talented artists, and enliven our public places with enriching and inspire content. This project seeks to engage the various interests of our diverse community and prompt vital interactions and connections through art.
The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition proposes that public art cultivates the public’s awareness and appreciation for the arts and establishes a sense of place for the creative people who drive our thriving community.
Work selected by our jury will be unveiled during Artspire, on June 10th, 2023. Inspired by La Crosse winning artwork will then be displayed at La Crosse City Hall. Inspired by La Crosse winners will not only have their work displayed in a highly visible, public area, but each winner will receive a $200 award, and a ribbon for their work. Jury fee is $25 and can be paid online.
Applications open on March 6, 2023
- The jury is looking for wall pieces that are inspired by La Crosse- the area, culture, topography, etc.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted virtually for a $25 fee. No artist will submit more than 3 pieces. (Artists participating in the Artspire Art Fair & Sale may submit up to one piece for free.)
- The City Arts Board will provide security hangers for selected work.
- Submitted work will be no larger than 36″ tall and 48″ wide, no smaller than 18″ tall and 12″ wide, and no heavier than 40 lbs.
- Pieces must be ready to hang and already framed, if necessary.
- Pieces may be for sale. A label will be displayed next to work with artist information, and price.
- Winning artwork must be brought to the Pump House by Friday, June 9, 2023.
- Artwork will display for one year and may not come down early. Work sold during the duration will not be available for pick up until June 1 the following year.
- Artists must sign an agreement for liability.
- Application Deadline is May 15, 2023
- Jury fee is waived for current Artspire Art Fair & Sale Artists
The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition is coordinated in conjunction with Artspire La Crosse, the largest annual arts celebration in downtown La Crosse, produced by the Pump House Regional Arts Center and sponsored by City of La Crosse Arts Board.
The 2023 Artspire celebration is Saturday, June 10.
Artspire 2023 Call to Artists is now closed.
Artspire Call to Artists opens on September 1, 2022 with applications accepted until January 31, 2023.
Artspire La Crosse is an all-inclusive, free, community arts celebration that showcases the power of the arts to create unity in our diverse community. Artspire combines visual, performing, and literary arts in a largely outdoor format designed to represent and engage all elements and cultures of the area. The tenth annual Artspire will be held on Saturday, June 10th, 2023.
The Artspire Art Fair & Sale is held on King Street, just outside of the Pump House on Saturday, June 10, 2023, 10:00 am-5:00 pm. Participating artists are accepted via an application and jury process.
Artspire is funded and produced by the Pump House Regional Arts Center, and many other community supporters.
Artist Award Opportunity for Vendor Artists!
Cash Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
The 2022 Artspire Artist Awards were sponsored by Altra Federal Credit Union.
Altra Federal Credit Union Artist Award winners were selected by a panel of jurors. Judging was based on representative artwork displayed in the booths. Jurors considered originality, quality, and presentation.
Pump House 2023-2024 Gallery Season Call to Artists is closed.
Applications will be accepted between 9/01/22 until 01/31/23 for the gallery season September 2023 through August 2024.
This juried call to artists is an opportunity to exhibit and sell your work in one of the area’s finest arts spaces, complete with three art galleries. Now accepting online applications.
In anticipation of the 100th Anniversary of the Upper Mississippi National Wildlife and Fish Refuge, the Pump House is encouraging artists to submit Mississippi River themed artwork during this call to artists. To celebrate this anniversary, we are hosting musician and storyteller, Steven Marking in February 2024 as well as a themed group exhibition inspired by the Mississippi River, January 2024-Febrauary 2024. If you are submitting Mississippi River themed artwork, please make note in your application.
*Jury Fee is waived if you are a current Pump House Member